Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ok...now for my first real post.  Well since its 11am here I'm going to talk about lunch.
Even though we are a two income family we aren't exactly "rolling in it" we also try to be frugal.  One way we do this is to try to eat lunch cheaply.  We usually have our lunch together on the three days the hubs works in town.  We never go to a sit down place.  Occasionally we'll grab drive through, but that is still around $15 for the two of us, so...$15x3x4=$180 a MONTH on just lunches...and they were crap.  Bad for us and not really that good to eat.   So we've been trying to bring our lunches more often. 

Some days we do leftovers.  I'll keep them in the fridge at my work, hubs meets me here and I heat up our lunch.  Today, we are having leftovers but with a different spin..we'll see how it goes.

Last night I made homemade pita pockets (they didnt work too well but they'll do and I'll try again) and I took leftover Thanksgiving ham, chopped it up, added sandwich spread and VIOLA! Ham salad pita sandwiches.  Throw in a couple bottles of water (or if we get desperate for caffeine hit the Dollar Menu somewhere), a few cookies, some cheese sticks, and we are good to go! And for added "frugal-ness" I didn't use a plastic baggies either, a waste of money when I have perfectly good rubbermaid containers!


I'll update later with a review on the sammies! :-)

They were great!  I dont even like ham and I enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment