Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Okay, here is another time saving tip for easy suppers.  And saving time also means saving money because I can make a nice home cooked meal and skip the drive thru.


Spaghetti and Meatballs. 

When I make meatballs, I have a superduper easy recipe.  I use the one on the back of the Parmesean Cheese (I think its just cheese, some spices, garlic, and an egg per pound of meat).  I double it, always.  2lbs meat. 
I always bake my meatballs.  Easier and Healthier than frying.  Plop them on a cookie sheet (a cookie dough baller makes perfect meatballs).  Bake!  While they are baking I cook the spaghetti and heat the sauce (sorry folks, another corner cutter, canned sauce.  I buy Hunt's when its on sale, it regularly is priced 89 cents a can, we like it and well, thats cheap!).  My favorite is the veggie one, a whole bunch of veggies hidden right in there, even better! 

It makes a TON of meatballs (we usually dont want over 2 a piece).  I take the rest, throw in a freezer bag and freeze them!  I can get a good 2-3 meals out of them.  So on rushed evening I come home, plop a pot of water on to boil, put frozen meat balls and a can of sauce in a microwave bowl and microwave while water is boiling, toss together and its meal time!  Can add an easy salad for veggies.  Add some "canned bread" (may not be overly cheap but its a good way to make a simple meal go a little further on a rushed time schedule). 

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea, I never have frozen my meat balls (I guess never really thought about doing it... but when I am to lazy to make meat balls I just make meat sauce lol

    ReplyDelete